I'm not a UK citizen

Your immigration status will affect what kind of support you are entitled to. If you are not from the UK you may not be eligible for housing through the local council, though they might be able to offer some emergency accommodation.

This is a complex subject so if you are unsure of your immigration status or eligibility to live in the UK, you should seek specialist immigration advice. It’s best to try and do this before you apply for housing at the council or before you apply for benefits at the job centre.

You can read more about your rights as a migrant on the Shelter website or by calling their helpline – 0808 800 4444 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm at weekends). 

The Law Centres Network, may also be able to help.  All Law Centres offer legal advice in person and some run a telephone advice line, look for the centre closest Law Centre to you and check if they offer immigration and housing advice.

I am an EU National

EU Nationals who wish to keep their right to live and work in the UK, must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by the end of June 2021.

You can find out everything you need to know about the EU Settlement Scheme here and take the quiz to find out if you qualify to apply.

You can make the application yourself but you should get prepared first. Find out how to apply and what you’ll need here.

If you need help with the application, you’ll need to speak with a qualified immigration solicitor.  Find out how to access FREE legal advice.

I'd like to talk to someone

Call the Centrepoint Helpline free on 0808 800 0661 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or leave your details below and a Centrepoint Helpline Advisor will get back to you as soon as possible.

Are you based in the UK

Please bear in mind that Centrepoint only supports young people aged 16-25
Please name your city, town or borough: Centrepoint currently only offers support in England
We need to be able to get back in touch with you to get you the right help
Where did you hear about Centrepoint?

Data protection regulations state that we need your agreement to hold/use the personal data that you provide. We’ll hold your data securely for two years and delete it after this time. Read our privacy notice.

helpline logo with smallprint.png