Help when you're pregnant or have kids

You should visit the housing department at your local council. Explain that you are homeless or soon will be and ask to make a homelessness application.

If your council have agreed that you are legally homeless and eligible for help, they then need to decide if you are in 'priority need’. You are in priority need if your children are under the age of 16 or under the age of 19 and still in full time education or training.

If you are pregnant you should be accepted as in ‘priority need’. If you are found to be in priority need your council will provide you with temporary accommodation until you are housed in longer-term or settled housing.

This could be a council or housing association home or a private rented home. Temporary accommodation could be in your borough or somewhere else.

It is important to know that if you turn down temporary accommodation, it may mean your local council won’t help you further.

I'd like to talk to someone

Call the Centrepoint Helpline free on 0808 800 0661 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or leave your details below and a Centrepoint Helpline Advisor will get back to you as soon as possible.

Are you based in the UK

Please bear in mind that Centrepoint only supports young people aged 16-25
Please name your city, town or borough: Centrepoint currently only offers support in England
We need to be able to get back in touch with you to get you the right help
Where did you hear about Centrepoint?

Data protection regulations state that we need your agreement to hold/use the personal data that you provide. We’ll hold your data securely for two years and delete it after this time. Read our privacy notice.

helpline logo with smallprint.png