Someone putting money into a Centrepoint collection tin.

Gift Aid: make your donation go further

Please let us know if you'd like to apply Gift Aid to your previous and future donations.

Your donation can change the lives of even more homeless young people. By using Gift Aid, for every pound you give to Centrepoint, we'll get an extra 25p from the UK Government at no extra cost to you.


Please fill out the form to make your donation go further with Gift Aid. We need these details so we can claim Gift Aid on your behalf.

Would you like to add gift aid to your donations?

If you are a UK taxpayer then Centrepoint can Gift Aid the donations you've made in the last four years and any donations that you make in the future. If you pay less Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in any year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all donations, then it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

Confirmation * (Please provide a value for Confirmation)


What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a great way of increasing the value of your donation at no extra cost to you.

If you’re a UK taxpayer, we can reclaim the basic rate tax (25%) on your gift. This means if you donate £100, with Gift Aid it will be worth £125 to Centrepoint.

The extra support is taken from the tax you have paid the UK Government in the last four years.

How do I know if I'm a UK taxpayer?

You are a UK taxpayer if: 

  • Tax is taken from your wages or pension before you receive them.
  • You have to fill in a self-assessment form.
  • You have any taxable savings (in a building society, for instance), a pension plan or investment income, or you have recently paid any capital gains tax or expect to pay it in the near future. For example, this could be on the sale of a property or some shares.

By signing up to Gift Aid, you're confirming you're an eligible taxpayer who has paid sufficient tax. If you haven't paid enough tax, it'll be up to you to make up the difference. 

Do I have to make a declaration for every gift?

No. You just need to fill in the online form, and this will cover future donations and donations made in the past four years.

What is the minimum donation that Centrepoint can claim on?


There isn't one. We can claim back tax on any amount.

Is there any cost to me?

No. Once you have ticked the box on the form, we can reclaim the tax you have already paid from the Inland Revenue. This doesn't cost you anything at all.

What if I was a taxpayer last year, but I'm not this year? What if I'd like to withdraw Gift aid?

If your circumstances or personal details have changed in any way, or you feel you need further clarity on a donation, please call our friendly Supporter Care team on 0800 23 23 20 or email