Creamy celeriac soup
- 3kg celeriac
- 3 white onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 150g butter
- 50ml olive oil
- 250ml double cream
- 2l vegetable stock
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 250ml milk
- Peel the celeriac and onions and cut them into 2-3cm chunks. Try to make them all roughly the same size so they cook evenly. Peel the garlic cloves and lightly crush them.
- In a large based saucepan add the oil and butter, then place on a medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the celeriac, onion and garlic then fry gently for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Season with salt and pepper, and throw in a sprig of rosemary.
- Add the vegetable stock and milk (make sure they're hot so you don't cool everything down) and cover with a lid. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables have cooked through and are completely soft.
- When the soup is ready to be blended, take off the heat and remove the rosemary stalk. Pour in the double cream and blend until smooth.
- Check the seasoning and serve immediately.