Details for food donation courier
1-2 hours, once per week, afternoon or evening
About the role
This role will be based in our Barnet service as part of the Supported Housing team. By assisting with weekly food donation collection, you will be able to help provide food for the young people in service and support the staff. The Supported Housing team organise food donations with local supermarkets, bakeries and other agencies and it will be your responsibility to collect these for the service.
- To collect and transport donations of food from local supermarkets and bakers to Barnet service (if the role evolves into more than simply transporting donations, we may need to conduct approved driver and vehicle checks)
- Commitment to make agreed collections to sustain offers of donations to Centrepoint young people
Volunteers should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current clean UK driving licence
- Have access to a vehicle with up to date MOT and appropriate insurance
- Meet the requirements and arrangements of donating organisations (afternoons or early evening/closing time)
- Be reliable and have good time management skills
- Work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
- Represent Centrepoint whilst interacting with external organisations
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with young people, other volunteers, staff, and external organisations
- Ability to remain calm when involved with challenging individuals and situations
- A commitment to demonstrating Centrepoint’s values
- Understanding of the issues – practical and emotional – facing young people
What we need from you
Before starting the role we will require the following:
- Undergo Centrepoint Basic DBS process - we are unable to accept DBS certificates from other organisations
- Provide a minimum of three forms of ID to support your DBS application
- Provide the name and contact information of two people who can provide a reference for you
- Undergo Centrepoint core induction training.
You may also be required to undertake further role specific training courses throughout the duration of your volunteering role.
Support for volunteers
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the Volunteering Team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Access to further training
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our application form.
If you are having trouble completing the application form, or have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date
Sunday 31 December 2023