Centrepoint are not able to collect items. All donations must be delivered to an agreed location upon acceptance of the donation. Our services are located in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and North East England.
Centrepoint are not able to store items at a central location. The demand at individual services does vary, and this means that some items may not be accepted due to the lack of demand at that time.
Please review the Accepted Donations list below to see if Centrepoint may be able to accept your donation.
We are only able to accept donations of brand new items. This is because Centrepoint want all young people to know that they are valued and for the gifts that they receive from our supporters to help them grow in confidence and their sense of self-worth. We are only able to accept donations if we have a current need for them
- Clothing: When offering donations, please keep in mind it is for young people in our services. Items of clothing must be suitable and age appropriate (16-25 year olds).
Also, please take into consideration the volume of items you wish to donate, as there is limited space in our services.
- Bedding: Items must still be in their original packaging and must comply with BS 7175 Source 5 Flame Retardancy. This is often referred to as CRIB 5
- Toiletries: Must be unopened. We do not accept hotel/sample toiletries.
- Baby clothes and toys: Baby clothes must still be in their original packaging.
- Accessories: This could include items such as shoes, bags and jewellery.
- Good quality furniture: must be new or very good condition. Upholstered furniture must comply with BS 7175 Source 5 Flame Retardancy. This is often referred to as CRIB 5
- Books/CDs/DVDs: please ensure they are in good condition and age appropriate.
Unable to accept:
- Used/second hand clothing
- Used/second hand bedding
- Used toys
- Damaged/stained/ripped furniture (missing safety stickers/fire labels)
- Used/open toiletries