We’re fundraising again
Due to the coronavirus crisis, we have not been carrying out face-to-face fundraising since mid-March. In line with best practice guidance issued by the Fundraising Regulator and the Institute of Fundraising, and working closely with other charities, we have decided to begin fundraising again. We will be fundraising from mid-July, working closely to support our teams and keep them, and the public, safe. Face-to-face fundraising is a vital part of our fundraising programme, and is a hugely effective and efficient way of raising money for Centrepoint. Over the years, this form of fundraising has raised millions of pounds to be spend supporting homeless young people – and with our services affected by the crisis, we need to fundraise now even more than ever.
We are so thankful for our passionate and dedicated teams, and all of the generous donors who choose to donate in this way.
We have put the following measures in place in order to ensure the activity is safe and compliant:
- Fundraisers will be wearing clear visors during conversations.
- Fundraisers will be wearing PPE whilst travelling and equipped with hand sanitizer
- All materials for a new donor will be digitalised and sent via email
- The sign up process will be completely contactless
- Our teams will be working in much smaller groups
- Our door-to-door fundraisers will carry measuring mats to measure the social distancing guidelines
As always, we will continue to monitor the situation incredibly closely – ensuring we adjust any activity according to government guidelines, and capturing all feedback we receive from the public carefully.
If you have any concerns or want to discuss this further, please call our Supporter Care team on 0800 587 5158 or email email@example.com.