A young person is staying with me, how can I help them?

Offering safe temporary accommodation to a homeless young person can be a real lifeline to them while they try to secure longer-term housing. We understand that it can be a big pressure, but there are ways you can support them out of homelessness. 

You can support their homelessness application by helping them communicate their situation to the local council, making calls and attending appointments wherever you're able, to advocate on their behalf.

If the council can’t offer any support, there are also a number of services that may be able to help. You can get advice from Shelter's helpline – call 0808 800 4444 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm at weekends)  They can advise you of the young person’s housing rights and which services you could support them to access.

You can also use the Homeless UK directory to find housing advice and accommodation in your area.

I'd like to talk to someone

Call the Centrepoint Helpline free on 0808 800 0661 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or leave your details below and a Centrepoint Helpline Advisor will get back to you as soon as possible.

Someone I know needs help

Are you based in the UK

If you're not sure please estimate. Please bear in mind that Centrepoint only supports young people aged 16-25
We need to be able to get back in touch with you to get you the right help
How would you prefer us to contact you? * (Without your email or phone number we can't get in touch to support you)
Where did you hear about Centrepoint?

Data protection regulations state that we need your agreement to hold/use the personal data that you provide. We’ll hold your data securely for two years and delete it after this time. Read our privacy notice.

helpline logo with smallprint.png