The Big Broth Terms and Conditions
The Big Broth Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Big Broth Competition (the “Competition”) is being run by Centrepoint Soho whose registered address is at Central House, 25 Camperdown Street, London E1 8DZ (the “Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to residents of mainland UK (England, Scotland and Wales), Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 14 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, Waitrose Limited or The Yorkshire Provender Limited and their immediate families, agents and anyone else professionally connected with this Competition.
- Anyone entering the Competition who is under 18 will require the consent of their parent or guardian to enter and their consent to these terms and conditions.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition although you will need to be able to access the internet.
- By entering this Competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Competition opens at 18.00 on 17th January 2018 and closes at 23.59 on 29th March 2018, (which is the “Competition Period”).
- There will be one winner of the Competition (the “Winner”) whose soup recipe will be produced by Yorkshire Provender and sold as ‘The Big Broth’ exclusively in Waitrose shops between Winter 2018 through to May 2019 (the “Prize”).
- A donation from each sale of The Big Broth will be made to Centrepoint.
- To enter the Competition:
Go to https://centrepoint.org.uk/thebigbroth
Enter your personal details and accept the Competition terms and conditions.
Enter your original soup recipe in the fields provided. As an optional extra, you can provide a picture and share your story – tell us why you love this recipe. However, please note that this won’t be taken into account in the judging process.
- Recipes entered must be the original work of the entrant and must not be copied or reproduced from someone else’s work. Please note condition 26 below which explains the rights that you will be granting to the Promoter by entering your recipe into the Competition.
- Please note that multiple entries are not permitted – we allow a maximum of one entry per person.
- Entries made on behalf of another person or joint entries, will not be accepted. Entries from agents, organised group entries, bulk entries or entries automatically generated by computer will not be accepted.
- Once the Competition Period has closed, an independent panel of experts will review all entries and select 5 recipes based upon their view of how appetising and exciting the recipes sound, and how much they believe the recipes will appeal to the general public. The 5 selected recipes will then be made by the entrants in the Cook Off and tasted for the first time by the judges (as described below).
- The 5 shortlisted entrants (the “Finalists”) will be notified by the Promoter directly, by email following the end of the Competition Period, on Friday 6th April. Each Finalist will be invited to attend and make the soup at a Cook Off event to be held in London at the end of April 2018 where an independent panel and ambassador chef will taste each soup and decide the overall winner. Any reasonable expenses involved in attending the Cook Off event shall be covered by the Promoter at the Promoter’s discretion. The Finalists will be required to bring their own ingredients to the Cook Off, at their expense. Where the Finalist is under 18 they must be accompanied to the Cook Off event by the parent or guardian.
- If a Finalist has not acknowledged the Promoter’s notification and confirmed their attendance at the Cook Off within 7 days of request by the Promoter, or is unable to attend the Cook Off event for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that Finalist and to award the shortlist space to another entrant. All entrants are responsible for ensuring that complete and correct contact details are provided to the Promoter.
- The use of the Winner’s recipe as ‘The Big Broth’ will be discussed and arranged with the Winner following the Cook Off event. Yorkshire Provender may need to make some changes to the Winner’s recipe for factory production purposes, if this is the case the Winner will be informed of any changes.
- By entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to win the Prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition to verify this.
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part to the stated Prize.
- If circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter affect, or could affect, the proper operation of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these terms and conditions at any time but will make every effort to avoid causing undue disappointment to entrants where such action is deemed necessary.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures on the entrants.
- Entries deemed inappropriate, rude or abusive by the Promoter will not be used and all such entries will be disqualified. If you are found to be abusing the Competition, the Promoter, its products, employees or directors in any way your entry will be disqualified.
- If any Finalist or the Winner is under the age of 18 the Promoter may require that the parent or guardian of the minor confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of the minor including and in particular in relation to condition 26.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are not seen or taken into account by the Promoter for technical reasons. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet. Proof of sending/transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility is not accepted for e-mails/messages from the Promoter which are not delivered as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or as a result of an invalid e-mail or other address supplied by the winner, or which are not seen by the winner due to the ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’ filter settings (or equivalent) on their e-mail or social media accounts.
- If you are the winner, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this Competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes (including on the label of the soup).
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter (at no charge to the Promoter save for reasonable expenses at the Promoter’s discretion).
- To the extent that any intellectual property rights exist in your Competition entry and/or any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter (your “Submission”), you will own such rights but hereby grant and license the Promoter (without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability), for the full period that such rights subsist, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to re-use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, alter, combine with other materials, edit, incorporate, broadcast, telecast, exhibit, publish, re-publish, display, portray and/or otherwise use your Submission (and/or any part(s) of your Submission) in any media (whether print, online, broadcast or otherwise). You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and also agree that the Promoter will own any and all rights in any materials, photographs, videos and other works which use or otherwise incorporate your Submission (in whole or part).
- By entering the Competition, you:
agree that any personal information provided by you with the Competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the Competition and for any other purposes to which you have expressly consented;
acknowledge that such personal data may be transferred by the Promoter to, and/or stored in, a destination outside the European Economic Area for administrative purposes, including to the United States of America, where data protection regulations may not offer the same protection as those applicable in the European Economic Area, provided that the Promoter uses reasonable endeavours to keep such data adequately protected.
You understand that you may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the Promoter at email@example.com.
- The name of the winner can be obtained for 30 days after the Competition Period closes by sending a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying which competition your request relates to.
- To ensure fairness and the integrity of the Competition, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running or outcome of the Competition, but will respond to questions sent by email to email@example.com.
- If you post or are seen to be posting comments to the Promoter’s social media pages (including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or elsewhere during or after the Competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, fans of the Promoter or which are directly aimed at the Promoter or other brands associated with the Competition, you will have your comments removed and your entry disqualified. We reserve the right to alert the relevant social media provider/operator to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
- The Promoter reserves all rights relating to its social media pages and accounts, including but not limited to: (i) adding, removing, or modifying any content posted on the accounts, (ii) blocking users; and (iii) discontinuing the accounts at any time.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit or exclude its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud (including, but not limited to, fraudulent misrepresentation) or for that which cannot lawfully be excluded.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the winner’s statutory rights.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall confer any rights on any person under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The Promoter of this Competition is Centrepoint Soho, Central House, 25 Camperdown Street, London E1 8DZ.