Centrepoint are unable to collect items. All donations must be delivered to an agreed location after we've accepted the donation. Our services are located in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and the North East.
We also can't store items at a central location, and demand at individual services varies. This means we might be unable to accept certain items due to lack of demand.
We're only able to accept brand new items. This is because we want all young people to know they're valued – any gift they receive will help them grow in confidence and improve their sense of self-worth.
Please keep in mind your gift is for young people in our services. Items must be suitable and age-appropriate (16-25 year olds). Please also consider how many items you wish to donate, as there is limited space in our services.
- Bedding: Items must be in their original packaging and comply with BS 7175 Source 5 Flame Retardant – often known as CRIB 5.
- Baby clothes and toys: These must still be in their original packaging.
- Accessories: This can include items such as shoes, bags and jewellery.
- Toiletries: We do not accept hotel or sample toiletries.
- Good quality furniture: Must be new or in very good condition. Upholstered furniture must comply with BS 7175 Source 5 Flame Retardant – often known as CRIB 5.
- Books/CDs/DVDs: Make sure they're in good condition and age-appropriate.
We're unable to accept
- Used/second-hand clothing
- Used/second-hand bedding
- Used toys
- Damaged, stained or ripped furniture
- Furniture missing safety stickers and fire labels
- Used or open toiletries