Supported Housing Volunteer (Camden) - Role 2
Role reference: LN125
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2021
Time Commitment: Once per week, within office hours - TBC
This role will be based in our Camden services as part of the Supported Housing team. By assisting with administrative work and occasional service work, you will allow the service staff to spend more time with the young people.
- Filing and general administrative tasks
- Supporting the team with general day-to-day tasks
- Data entry
- Work co-operatively with other staff and volunteers
- Carry out tasks in line with data protection and confidentiality requirements
- Assist in service and with young people where required
- Observe and adhere to Centrepoint policies relevant to the team and be familiar with emergency procedures in case of fire, serious accident or violence.
- Have a positive attitude
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a professional telephone manner
- Have confident administrative skills, including filing and I.T
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with young people, other volunteers and staff
- Ability to remain calm when involved with challenging individuals and situations
- Understanding of the issues – practical and emotional – facing young people
- Understanding of the importance of teamwork and a strong commitment to being part of a team
- A commitment to demonstrating Centrepoint’s values.
Support for volunteers
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the volunteering team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Access to further training
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our application form. If you are having trouble completing the application form, or have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com.