Title: Podcast Coordinator
Team: Health Team
Support and supervision from: Health Team Advisor
Time Commitment: *3 – 4hrs per month*
*For a minimum of 6 months*
What does Centrepoint do?
Centrepoint is the UKs leading charity for homeless young people. We have accommodation and support services in London, Manchester, Yorkshire, and the North East and work with more than 10,000 homeless 16-25 year olds each year. Centrepoint realises that it takes more than just a bed to put an end to homelessness – so we work with each of our young people to ensure that they have access to education and training opportunities, become physically and mentally healthy and gain the essential life skills needed to escape homelessness for good.
What team will you be supporting?
Our Health Team is developing a podcast series, focusing on topics of interest that will support young people through their journey at Centrepoint. Topics of interest will vary and will include guests, ranging from young people, senior executives and colleagues and supporters.
We need your help in developing the podcast series, editing and producing the content, promotion and distributing the podcast series.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Production and editing of the podcast series
- Promoting and distributing the podcast internally and externally
- Interviewing guest presenters
- Project management
Volunteers should meet the following criteria:
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with young people, other volunteers and staff
- Ability to remain calm when involved with challenging individuals and situations
- Understanding of the issues – practical and emotional – facing young people
- Understanding of mental health and resilience to cope with a range of individualized coping mechanisms and outbursts.
- Understanding of the importance of teamwork and a strong commitment to being part of a team
- Ability to develop a rapport with young people.
- Reliability, punctuality, and commitment to routine.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- A commitment to demonstrating Centrepoint’s values.
- Knowledge and understanding of podcasts
- Knowledge and understanding of editing and production
Support for volunteers
Volunteers receive the following support throughout their volunteering:
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the volunteering team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Access to further training
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
If you are interested in applying for this position, the next step is to complete our application form. Application forms can be found on Centrepoint’s website at https://centrepoint.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/current-opportunities and return to email@example.com
For more information please email the senior volunteering officer on J.Lodge@centrepoint.org.