Music Coach - specialising in piano, guitar or violin (Soho)
Role reference: LN124
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2021
Time Commitment: Minimum of one hour, weekly or fortnightly for at least 6 months
Our Soho service caters for young people transitioning from care to independence on the Wesminster pathway. We have opened the Christopher Andrew Music Suite to offer young people on the Westminster pathway the opportunity to learn the guitar (acoustic, electric and bass), piano, violin, drums, singing and DJ/music production (using Mac with Logic Pro and Pioneer XDJ-RX) and we currently have a particular need for volunteers to teach piano, guitar and violin.
- Support a young person individually with learning to play an instrument at beginner level for a block set of sessions
- Regular sessions with a young person for an agreed period of time, can be weekly or fortnightly
- Setting goals with young person and agreeing on actions
- Attending pre-volunteering training sessions
- Completing any relevant paperwork after each session
- Attending supervision sessions and all relevant additional training
- Have consistent and regular contact with the your supervisor and attend review meetings when requested
- Display Centrepoint’s values in all volunteering activities
- Be proficient in your instrument/equipment (piano/guitar/violin) and able to tutor to at least beginners level.
- To be consistent and reliable
- Have a positive attitude
- A good listener with a non-judgmental attitude
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Appreciate and adhere to the requirements of completing paperwork and recording hours in a timely manner
- Be responsive and accountable to the Volunteering team and Centrepoint
- Have a friendly, approachable personality
- Experience of teaching/facilitating music
- Experience of working with homeless people and/or experience of homelessness
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
Support for volunteers
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the volunteering team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Refresher training and regular peer support sessions
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our application form. If you are having trouble completing the application form, or have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.