Budgeting Coach (Camden)
Role reference: LN123
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2021
Time Commitment: Fortnightly, 2-5 hours per month
This role will be based in one of our Camden services, and you will work with the direction of key worker staff to coach young people with money management related actions identified within their support plans. As a Budgeting coach you will provide valuable assistance towards helping young people to develop skills and confidence in managing their finances on their journey towards gaining a home and a job. This will involve 1:1 activity and the delivery of money management units of our Lifewise programme.
- Supporting young people to develop money management skills and the ability to make positive choices.
- Meet fortnightly, coaching them to get to grips with their own budget planning that considers their wants, needs and responsibilities
- Feedback on a monthly basis, outlining the progress and areas to improve
- Accompany on supervised shops and exploring different means of sourcing affordable purchases.
- Help access specialist referral agencies or internal sources of support if required
- Have an understanding of budgeting personal finances
- Knowledge of priority and non priority debt
- Be able to commit to meeting fortnightly for up to six months
- Be an organised and motivated individual who is willing to learn more about the financial effects of being young and homeless
- Have a coaching mindset
- Calm and empathetic nature
- Ability to demonstrate Centrepoint’s values (integrity, energy, humility, entrepreneurial, accountable and focused)
- Have an experience and/or knowledge of the financial barriers facing homeless young people
- Knowledge of the universal credit, other benefits and young people’s employment opportunities
- Understand how to access additional support related to finances and debt.
- Experience of supporting young people
Support for volunteers
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the volunteering team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Access to further training
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our application form. If you are having trouble completing the application form, or have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com.