ASSIST Volunteer (Hammersmith & Fulham) - Role 1 (2-4 hours per week)
Role reference: LN120
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2021
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours weekly (minimum)
As an ASSIST volunteer you will complement the work of keyworkers within our Support and Housing accommodation services and support young people directly through the following methods: Attend appointments and activities, Supervise shops, develop Skills to become more Independent, provide day to day Support, and be someone to Talk to.
In this role you will be supporting the Hammersmith and Fulham service to provide support and engagement opportunities to young people. This will be mainly targeted at young parents, as well as other young people, to help battle isolation that the pandemic has caused. By going on trips out of their accommodation and being someone to talk to, you will play a valuable role in helping their wellbeing improve
- Being a point of contact and a role model for young people
- Assist with engaging the young people with the wider local community
- Coaching young people with issues important to them and help with developing social skills through conversation
- Work with the young people to come up with suitable and fun activities
- Take the young people on trips out of service, including going to the park, taking part in activities etc.
- Adhere to administrative requirements of the role
- Attend supervision sessions and relevant additional training
- Be accountable and represent Centrepoint appropriately
- Work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
- Observe and adhere to Centrepoint policies relevant to the team and be familiar with emergency procedures in case of fire, serious accident or violence.
- Ability to engage, motivate and inspire young people
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with young people, other volunteers and staff
- Ability to remain calm when involved with challenging individuals and situations
- Understanding of the issues – practical and emotional – facing young people
- Understanding of the importance of teamwork and a strong commitment to being part of a team
- Be reliable and have a positive outlook
- A commitment to demonstrating Centrepoint’s values
- Experience of working with homeless people and/or experience of homelessness
- Experience of working with socially excluded young people
- Knowledge of different qualification/course requirements
Support for volunteers
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the volunteering team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Access to further training
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our application form. If you are having trouble completing the application form, or have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com.