Activator Volunteer (Camden)
Role reference: LN116
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2021
Support and supervision from: Camden Services Staff Team
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per week depending upon the needs of young people and services, once a week
You will be supporting the staff team at our Camden services by organising and supporting with fun activities for the young people. Working with the staff and young people in the service, you will come up with ideas to get the young people to do activities in and out of service.
- Consult young people on the types of activities they are interested in
- Encourage and motivate young people to engage and participate in activities (sports, arts, day trips, activities within service)
- Support delivery of sessions to young people
- Enable and support young people to access activities e.g. accompany to offsite activities or sessions
Volunteers should meet the following criteria:
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with young people, other volunteers and staff
- Experience/confidence in activities that young people may be keen to engage in.
- Willing to engage in a variety of activities
- Experience working with young people or disadvantaged groups is preferable
- Able to work unsupervised
- Resilience, patience and an ability to motivate young people to participate in new activities.
- Ability to remain calm when involved with challenging individuals and situations
- Understanding of the issues – practical and emotional – facing young people
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to demonstrating Centrepoint’s values.
Support for volunteers
- Structured induction and training
- Ongoing support and supervision from the volunteering team
- Ongoing support and supervision from your supervisor
- Access to further training
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our application form. If you are having trouble completing the application form, or have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.