Event date: Sunday 3 October 2021
Start location: Greenwich Park
Finish location: The Mall
Distance: 26.2 miles
Got a place in the ballot?
Congrats! If you were successful in gaining your own place in the ballot and want to raise money for Centrepoint, please complete this form, so we can get you registered to our team.
Before entering this event, please read the terms and conditions.
Along with the amazing feeling of giving more homeless young people a future by completing this incredible challenge, you'll receive:
- Comprehensive training plans designed by LDN Physio.
- A professionally run training day to give you all of the info you need to prepare for the big day.
- Regular newsletters and emails to keep you updated.
- Your very own Centrepoint technical running top to wear with pride.
- Support from your fellow runners and the Centrepoint Events team through our running group on Facebook.
- Dedicated support from the Centrepoint Events team on any questions you have.
- Resources like our fundraising pack, balloons, collecting tins and banners to help you hit your targets.
- Amazing support from our cheer squad to spur you on to the finish line.
- A well deserved post-race celebration and massage at our reception at The Trafalgar St James Hotel near the finish line.
I have my own place in this event, how can I join Team Centrepoint?
Congratulations on securing your own place through the virtual ballot, we'd love to have you join our team. Just complete the own place form here and we'll be in touch.
I’m taking part in this event for Centrepoint, how can I get a Centrepoint running top to wear on the day?
Yes of course! You'll receive one as part of your registration in plenty of time before October so you can train in it.
Can I apply for a Centrepoint charity place if I have entered the ballot?
Absolutely – ballot places are hard to come by so it will only increase your chances of getting on that start line. If we offer you a place and you then find out you were successful in the ballot, we’ll refund your registration fee as long as use your ballot place to run for Centrepoint.
How do I set up a fundraising page?
- Go to Virgin Money Giving via this link
- Select which event you are taking part in and follow the step by step instructions
- Personalise your page by adding a photograph and explaining why you have chosen to support Centrepoint
- Share the link to your fundraising page!
What training advice and support do you provide?
Running a marathon can be a wonderful experience and we provide support to make sure you enjoy every minute. We have a range of training and nutritional guides written by Physio LDN. Our team will also provide support and resources to make sure you smash your fundraising target. If the circumstances allow, we may run an in-person training session nearer the day. If not, this will be virtual.
I have an injury and now I can't take part in the event I signed up for. What should I do?
We're really sorry to hear that – please get in touch with our events team at email@example.com to let us know you won’t be taking part.
What happens if I don’t reach my fundraising target?
When you accept a Centrepoint charity place in an event, we ask you to reach a minimum fundraising target. The money you raise covers the cost of the event place and administration fees that Centrepoint have to pay for you to take part and helps us deliver the services we provide to homeless young people.
If you're concerned you won’t reach your fundraising target, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. We're on hand to help you out with tips and ideas that will help you reach your target and we may be able to extend your deadline so that you have that little bit longer to fundraise.
I’m stuck for fundraising ideas. Can you help?
Absolutely! We are here to help you throughout your marathon journey. Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can personalise our support to get you started.
How do I pay in my fundraising?
Head to the bank
You can pay cash directly into our bank account or you can make a bank transfer from your account.
Just get in touch for our bank details, email us at email@example.com or call us on 0800 23 23 20 and make sure to let us know to look out for your donation.
If you have giving vouchers such as a Charities Aid Foundation voucher, please post them directly to us as the bank will not be able to process them.
Pop to the post box
Cheques made payable to Centrepoint can be sent to: Events & Community Fundraising Team, Centrepoint, 25 Camperdown Street, London, E1 8DZ.
Be sure to complete and include any sponsorship forms so we can identify who the money is from.
You can donate directly to your own online giving page and it will be sent directly to Centrepoint.
Give us a call
You can call us and make a card payment over the phone with our friendly Supporter Care team on 0800 23 23 20. They’re available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, and would be happy to speak to you.
Have a question about the event you've signed up to? Or do you need some help choosing your next challenge? Contact our Events team and they’ll be happy to help.